I was having one requirement which is as follows.
- Once you click on submit button, the button must be disabled
- All the validator should work properly then and only then button get disabled [obvious thing]
- And the page needs to be submitted back to server as well.
I was looking for the method where I can find the page valid property or value which allow me to do what I want.
There is a property Page_IsValid in java script which let me know the validity of page. But it will always set to false first time.
So I found the solution which help me to fulfill my requirement.
Have a look at following code
var isPageValid = Page_ClientValidate();
objBtn.disabled = true;
This is the server side control [submit button]
How it works:
- On client click of save button btnSaveClientClick() method get executed with single parameter this which is button itself.
- Page_ClientValidate() method used for checking client site validation, will return true or false.
- objBtn.disabled, will disable the button because objBtn is reference to our Save Button
- And last need to postback to server, so call __doPostBack(objBtn.name,'');